No, you won’t, if you use a Bluetooth headset that fulfills the same Bluetooth specifications and has the same Bluetooth profiles as your NUVIZ (A2DP/”media profile”, and HFP/”phone profile”). The solution is to leave your current Bluetooth headset (Sena, Cardo, etc) installed in your helmet and pair it with your NUVIZ: you do not need to install the NUVIZ headset at all. You will hear the NUVIZ sounds through your old headset, and you will be able to have an intercom conversation with your rider friends as before.
Articles in this section
- My speaker volume is low, what can I do?
- Which mobile phones does NUVIZ work with?
- How to install my NUVIZ device?
- Where do you ship to?
- Does NUVIZ have GPS?
- Since NUVIZ supports Bluetooth headsets I wonder whether I can use a standard wired NUVIZ headset for communicating with my passenger if my passenger uses a Bluetooth headset (that is not made by NUVIZ, e.g. Sena, Cardo, Midland, or alike)?
- If I use my NUVIZ and my rider friends use Bluetooth communication devices (that are not made by NUVIZ), will I be excluded from the conversation?